It wasn't a conscious decision, but something that clicked in my brain: it's time to start getting ready for NaNoWriMo. My first step is editing the look of my journal. I'm not sure if I'll change the layout because I really like how it is now, but I may do that if I find a header I like. I have one I'm thinking about (a picture anyway), so we'll see. May have to play with that. I started switching out some of my icons, too. Was happy and surprised to see that I had collected three more icons than I had last time, putting me at the grand total of 107. This journal is nearing on its second anniversary. :D I'm kind of surprised to see how many fandoms I've gone through since then. But anyways, I'm not going to max out the icons yet because I'm waiting to see what goodies come out in the first month and a half of Heroes series 2. Like my personal journal, this one will be Heroes heavy, but the focus is different. I like having icons here that deal with writing (the act of or the process) and spirituality (as it relates to faith and fate, mostly). I'm always looking for new ones, even ones that don't necessarily relate to my main fandom. If you see any, could you please point them my way? :D
And regarding this pic, this one seriously shows just how much Sean Maher can look like Adrian Pasdar. :D I think I realized part of it: Sean has those long lashes, too! Sullen seems to look similar on both men. Maybe between now and Nov. I can actually get the Heroes/Firefly fic written.
I'm super tired, but I'm going to compose a checklist anyways. Can change it later as I need to:
* Check pen and paper supplies (I know I have a bag filled with journals. What kind of journal do I want to write in this year? What kind of pen do I want to use? Perhaps check Borders for some cool pens. And colors. Black? Blue? Purple? Red?)
* Now that room is mostly cleaned, writing can be done in there! Open up a nicer place on desk for that.
* Really, really, really start thinking about inspiration for this year's story. That will hopefully bring up characters to play with.
* Check earlier works and ideas for something that might work this year ('Cause right now I have no clue what I want to write about.)
* Review writing books (thinking Ralph Wahlstrom and Natalie Goldberg. Be nice to revisit them since I haven't read their works since May of '06. A lot has changed and shifted since '06.)
* Drag out character informational charts and start working on tracking the chars now. Also get some of those index cards too. (Now I just have to remember where I put them, but I saw them the other day.)
Prep time is important and has allowed me to win NaNo two years in a row now. But this year, I'm aiming to completing before the Nov. 30th deadline. Pull a geonncannon
or something. :D This man is friggin' awe-inspiring. He got his NaNo novel published.
It might be in my best interest to strongly consider writing a story in relation to a previous short story I've written. There are some great characters in some of those. I've still been meaning to edit, edit, edit. Thinking about writing, not just writing, but the whole process of it, will help me get into a good place to write from. Hopefully I can sustain this until Nov. 30. :D
edit: Today has been a day of coincidences for me and I just found another one: the number 42 was all over my userinfo. 42 friends. 42 weeks since I last updated. 42 journal entries. The two last ones changed as of this post, but still, it was all there. Haha. God bless you, Douglas Adams (though I don't think you believed in God *L*) edit 2: 42 also seems to be the number of syndicated subscribers to the PasdaryYouTube Syndication feed. Okay, this really has to stop. *LOL* Too many coincidences today. And the day hasn't even started yet.